This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Useful external websites

Follow the link for useful information on what to do if you or a member of your family has a cold or flu

Most of us will probably have a cold this winter and some of us will have flu. Find out how to look after yourself if these viruses affect you.


For domestic needle disposal:

You will need to attend the surgery for a clinician to complete a referral form to the local council. 

Sickness Certification for under 7 days

GPs are under no contractual obligation to provide sickness certificates for absences of less than 7 days, please contact your employer for information on sickness pay.

Rushmoor Voluntary Services - Local Support for Local People

Please find attached an information leaflet

Rushmoor Voluntary Service - Home Help leaflet



Listed below are a number of documents intended to provide further information from external websites.

For patients with disabilities, to see where the nearest accessible services are: 


Community Independence Team

Support for the over 55s provided by Hampshire County Council.  It is there to support people aged 55 or over who are experiencing difficulties in maintaining their independence and who may be finding it harder to manage around the home or cope with everyday activities.

To contact the Community Independence Team you can click on the link below or contact them via the telephone: 01252 796 255 or email:


Counselling and Mental Health Information

You can self-refer to our local counselling service, TalkPLUS, via their website:

Protecting you and those close to you from abuse

Abuse is anything that harms another person physically or mentally. If you, or another vulnerable adult you know is being harmed in any way by another person, please do not ignore it. No abuse is acceptable.

Speak out against abuse

Safeguarding and reporting child abuse

Safeguarding and reporting adult abuse

Young Minds - The voice for young people's mental heath and wellbeing


Sexual Health Services

For information regarding sexual health including STI testing, emergency contraception and unplanned pregancy.  You can contact them on 0300 3002016, text your CLINIC 9 + your postcode to 66777 or go to  


NHS Choices Website - Your Health Your Choice.

Bereavement Advice Centre is a not-for-profit organisation which cover many topics including how to register a death; entitlement to death related benefits; if probate is needed and how to apply and stopping junk mail.

Information for patients regarding Hampshire Health Records can be found at:


Southwood Practice is not responsible for the safety or content of external internet sites.

Page reviewed: October 2017 rc

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website